Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy birthday to me...


I appreciate the well-wishes from the folks who stopped by here to leave birthday wishes. It's been a pretty good day. I actively did nothing, which has been pretty good for my mental state of mind.

This past week, I've been revisiting some music that I loved while I was growing up. Some Crowded House, Van Halen (with Sammy Hagar, of course), early nineties LL Cool J, to name just a few. I realized that, while some of the music from my childhood is crap, there's a lot that I can still listen to over and over now. I can remember how this music affected me then, and how much appreciation I still have for it.

This week, I also downloaded my Steve Martin cd's to my iPod. There four released but I could only find three, "Wild and Crazy Guy", "Let's Get Small", and "Comedy is Not Pretty". I can remember going to ABC Collectables as a kid and picking upi these albums. That's right, albums. Vinyl. I listened to them a million times and could recite them almost in their entirety. I still have them somewhere, but since I no longer have a record player, I updated to cd's. These week, listening to them through my iPod, I found I was still able to say all the bits right along with Steve. Great stuff.

All in all, getting older is no big deal. Age is just a number and you really are only as old as you feel. Despite being sick, I've been feeling better lately than I have in years. Must be all the fun with family, job satisfaction, friends, and reading.

Or, it could be the booze.

No comments: