Trivia Queen, the Mrs. of "The Life and Times at One Carbon Hill" has tagged me for an internet version of the classic kids game. People who are tagged have to list six weird or interesting things about themselves. This is perfect for me, since I'm all about entertaining people with the absurd things that drive me and those around me insane.
Time to lay down on the couch and let the madness begin. I'll let you know when our fifty minutes are up.
1. I have an intense aversion to mouth noises. Gum snapping, open mouthed chewing, slurping of soup or beverages. I know it's crazy. I mean, how can I avoid these things? I'll tell you how. By leaving humanity behind and moving into a shed in the woods.
2. I have what I call L.A.D.D. Literature Attention Deficit Disorder. I can't read just one book at a time. I start out with the best intentions, but I'm like our boxer; easily distracted. Currently I'm reading "the Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova, "the Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, "Attention. Deficit. Disorder." by Brad Listi, and I have the audiobook of J.A. Konrath's "Dirty Martini" in my car. You might think it'd be impossible to keep track of what's going on, but I manage. Besides, it's the only way I'll be able to read everything I want to.
3. I have a movie/tv quote or song lyric for almost any occasion. Jen can attest to how great this is. She just laughs all day long. By "laughs" sometimes I mean "cries". "Hey underpants!" from "National Lampoons' Vacation" is making a comeback right now. Also, there's almost no situation that can't be made better by the wisdom of Homer Simpson. Mmmmmm... Homer Simpson...
4. I have a shoe collection that is far larger than any straight man has a right to. My obsession with Air Jordans was out of control for several years. I'm currently in recovery and have been shoe-free for more than a year.
5. I'm addicted to noise. I always have to have something on in the background. Television, iTunes, podcasts, radio, something. The quiet bothers me and the music drowns out the voices.
6. I enjoy keeping up with my blog way more than I ever thought I would. It's great to have this as an outlet for the things that amuse or annoy me. Each night, even if I don't have time to post, I always check in to see what people are reading and to play trivia.
I see by the clock, that our time is up. I think we've made some good progress today. Call ahead to set up the next appointment.
By the way...
Under the Stairs
Heart of the Matter
Frozen Cities on Planets of Heat
... you've been tagged.
I know that's only three, but I counting on the rest of you leave me comments regarding some of your own weirdness. If you don't, I may be forced to share what I know with the world. If I don't know any of your oddities, I'll make something up. Who's going to know?
Ebooks Sales Slowing? Yes and No
3 weeks ago