Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cake for Christmas?

It's been a productive couple of days in the Swanny household. After a great Thanksgiving weekend in which much turkey was consumed, shopping craziness was survived, and the University of Missouri Tigers beat #2 Kansas, it was time to start bringing out the Christmas decorations.

Many thanks to Jen and Peanut for doing the bulk of the work while I was slaving away selling books to holiday shoppers.





Jen says that Peanut did a great job decorating, the final product of their work is below...




Doesn't it look ready to receive gifts from old St. Nick?

Speaking of that jolly old elf; tonight I explained to Peanut exactly what Santa Claus is all about. Upon hearing that Santa brings presents for good boys and girls, we had this conversation:

Peanut: Santa will bring me 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 presents!
Swanny: Ten presents? That's a lot...
P: Yeah, and cake! (Her birthday is two days before Christmas, after all.)
S: Cake? Why will he bring cake?
P: Well, I like cake. (duh)

Ahhh... Further proof that she's my child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope it's chocolate for me!