Friday, June 15, 2007

Coming Soon...


The latest (and so far, greatest) book in the "Jack Daniels" series is almost here. J.A. Konrath has created a great series with strong, but flawed characters, and break-neck pacing.

Starting with

this series is about Chicago Police Lieutenant Jaqueline "Jack" Daniels. Jack is an insomniac cop who invests so much into her work, she can't keep her personal life in order.

Following this are (in order)


and


Following these harrowing stories, Jack is back in "Dirty Martini". When the Chemist starts poisoning Chicagoans in mass quanties, Jack must find and stop him before a city-wide panic is created. Full of the usual scares and laughs that have made the previous books so enjoyable, "Dirty Martini" is the best of the pack.

Those who know me, know that I read a LOT of thrillers. I read a lot of Patterson, Sandford, Child, Deaver, Carr, and more. This is the best series I've read.

What books have you read that you've enjoyed? What have you liked that you didn't think you would? What would you recommend to your friends?

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Horton Hatches an Egg is a fascinating read. A real sitting on the edge of your seat kinda book. It's counterpart Horton Hears a Who is equally entertaining. And don't even get me started on the Berstain Bears series. Spellbinding, I tell you. Then there's the epic collection of all Dora stories bound together in one massive book. I liked it better than the movie.

Swanny said...

Yeah, sorry about that mrs. I'd not thought about the fact that some parents are only reading kids books right now. I say, pick up "Whiskey Sour" and read it to Shortcake and Pumpkin. Sure, they might have nightmares, but if it means you can read something for your enjoyment, then so be it. :)

Anonymous said...

Whiskey Sour was one of the most enjoyable books (and fast reads) I've indulged in lately. And to those parents or "too busy to read" bloggers out there, picking up a book for yourself even for 10 minutes a day makes a huge difference! It was my new year's resolution last year and has been a wonderful thing to do for myself. Other books I've enjoyed lately: Harry Potter books 1-6 by JK Rowling, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, The Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks, The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty, and Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. Thanks to you Swanny, for introducing me to some of the above mentioned titles....you haven't led me astray...yet!

The Mrs. said...

Actually, Swanny, I have been able to read "big people books" since summer started. I don't realize how much I miss reading for ME until I start up again. Nothing too earth shattering - I read my first Danielle Steele and I found myself wanting to shake some sense into the main character. Maybe I'll fall back on some John Grisham or John Irving - they rarely disappoint. Jen also mentioned a book awhile back. My Sister's Keeper maybe? I thought that sounded like an interesting read. I'll have to look into your recommendations too the next time we're at the library!

Anonymous said...

Between your reading, give me a call sometime.

ggpa