Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Free books! That's right, FREE books!

A couple months ago, author J.A. Konrath stopped by for an interview during the run-up to the release of his book AFRAID, written under the name Jack Kilborn. I won't rehash it in this post, but I encourage you to check it out here.

AFRAID is, hands down, one of the creepiest books I've read in a very long time. Even though it's not for the squeamish, I've recommended and sold it to lots of people. Most folks have told me that they finished it in one sitting and loved it. Get this book as soon as you can.

That said, yesterday I was contacted by someone from Hachette Book Group, the publisher of AFRAID. They've been kind enough to give me a chance to share Jack Kilborn's work with our readers.

Here's your chance to get a FREE ebook of a Jack Kilborn novella called SERIAL. Written with thriller writer Blake Crouch, SERIAL is a terrifying tale of hitchhiking gone terribly wrong. Like a deeply twisted version of an “After School Special,” it is the single most persuasive public service announcement on the hazards of free car rides. And it's FREE. There's also a Q & A with both authors, author bibliographies, and excerpts from their most recent and forthcoming works: Kilborn’s AFRAID and Crouch’s ABANDON. And it's FREE. Click HERE to get your copy (the FREE ebook is down in the lower right hand corner). Go ahead, I'll wait.

Everybody back? Great. Hachette has also given me the opportunity to give away 5 copies of AFRAID to readers who are interested. If you'd like a copy, email me at mylifewithdogs@hotmail.com and we'll set something up. If I get more than five requests, I'll write down everybody's names and I'll have Jen draw five names at random.

Let the scares begin.

No comments: